Terms & Conditions
GROUND Asia is passionate about delivering excellent travel experiences to our clients. Initial booking requests are handled by our HQ in Thailand, who are supported by our in-country teams and, in some cases, by our USA sales office.
- Rates are net and non-commissionable and are inclusive of local taxes unless otherwise noted in the proposals.
- Payment is due on the date specified as “due date” on our invoice.
- Due date for program costs will not be earlier than 15 days before the arrival of the group, except in the case of deposits as described below.
- Due date for community project or placement costs will not be earlier than 30 days before the arrival of the group.
- Invoice amount is net; all bank fees are the responsibility of the client.
- GROUND Asia reserves the right to cancel any arrangements without notification if payments have not been received by the due date.
Deposits may be needed to secure certain reservations, such as for flights, transfers, hotel allotments. Deposits, if any, will be communicated in advance, and are typically invoiced separately.
CANCELLATION AND NO SHOW POLICY
We realize that the majority of those who cancel their reservations do so out of necessity. Our lenient cancellation policy takes this into account.
In case of cancellation, fees will be charged as follows:
- 31+ days before arrival date – no cancellation fee
- 30 to 16 days before arrival date – 50% of program price
- 15 to 1 day(s) before arrival date or no show – 100% of program price
Please note that the above charges are excluding any non-refundable deposits. GROUND endeavors to disclose such non-refundable deposits upon confirmation, but cannot be held responsible for such fees charged by third parties.
GROUND Asia endeavours to accommodate amendments to confirmed programs requested by the group whenever possible. Where amendments requested fewer than 31 days before arrival result in lower program costs, refunds will not be issued.
GROUND reserves the right to give no refund in case of cancellation of the remaining program, in full or part, by the travelers after they started the tour.
In the case of refunds, bank fees are the responsibility of the client.
Travelers are responsible for having proper travel documents, such as a valid passport with enough pages, the proper visas and the necessary passport pictures.
GROUND advises travelers to have proper and adequate travel insurance for the duration of their trip.
GROUND defines Force Majeure as: “Any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of a party which prevent or impede the due performance of our services, including but not limited to war or hostilities; riot or civil commotion; epidemic; earthquake, flood or other natural disasters.”
The traveler and his agent warrant that GROUND Asia and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible and/or liable for costs or missed opportunities due to changes and/or cancellations in the program, or part(s) thereof due to Force Majeure.
GROUND shall do its utmost to provide services to the best of its ability and work towards full satisfaction of the client. GROUND acts solely as an intermediary between the traveler, his travel agent or tour operator, and local airlines, hotels, restaurants, boat companies and ground transportation companies.
GROUND is therefore not responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by the traveler, including those occurring outside the tour programs.
We shall in no event be liable to the traveler or his travel agent, by reason of breach of services or unsatisfactory services provided to the traveler by third parties or by way of indemnity or in tort or otherwise, for any loss, injury, damage, delay, change in schedule or other adverse events which are beyond the control of GROUND and/or sustained by an act or default of any person or company providing the services to the traveler.
GROUND reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time without any prior notice. Kindly be advised to check at our website for the latest Terms and Conditions.